Sometimes I become so disgusted of tremendously lowest-quality, illiterate works of ignorants of “translation” industry.
Everybody is already aware:
- that “Cyborg-killer” – is the first translation to Russian of “Terminator” movie title
- “Hard nut” -translation of “Die hard” movie
- the book “Fight club” to Russian and Ukrainian was translated based on “author’s” one-voice translation of the movie to Russian
- “Tibetan book of the Dead” – instead of “The Great Liberation by Listening to Teachings”
- I can’t say enough about calques/loan-translations in Russian translation of Carlos Castaneda – please wait for my personal translation of the first volume printed
- other variants you know????…..
But, as it is said in Morse alphabet, -… .-.. .-.- – -..- !!!!!
Here’s your challenge: find in English a book, which sounds in Russian translation: Ирвин Шэтток “Саттипаттхана” (transliterated as: Irwin Shettok “Sattipatthana”).
Not to make very simple, find full name of the book’s author and active (!) link to any format (pdf, epub, mobi, fb2, generally any readable) with English version.
Prize – a portion of good whiskey, a litre of a beer, coffee – anything.